Yesterday was Australia Day and is a great reminder to people living here how lucky we are. Although the weather is a bit ordinary at the moment – and I mean rain rain and more rain – we still fired up the barbies and enjoyed! For those not in the know, it’s become a tradition to eat lamb on Australia Day courtesy of a great Australian Ambassador and very funny man, Sam Kekovich. Check out this year’s Australia Day lamb advert. You’ll have sore sides from laughing.
A great and very easy lamb meal is BBQ LAMB WITH ROAST PUMPKIN AND FETA SALAD:
- butterflied lamb in a marinade of rosemary and garlic (get your butcher to butterfly and marinade the lamb for you…too easy).
- Cook on a really hot BBQ for 5 minutes each side to sear to meat.
- Close the BBQ lid and cook the lamb on around 180 degrees celcius. (cook for about 15-20 minutes for every 500grams of meat)
Serve with roast pumpkin and feta salad
- Cut a pumpkin into small cubes. Throw the cubes into a plastic bag and drizzle a table spoon of maple syrup into the bag. Scrunch the bag around so the cubes get coated in maple syrup.
- Take out of plastic bag and put cubes on a baking tray. bake in a hot over (200 degrees celcius) for around 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Let pumpkin cool. Mix with baby rocket leaves and / or baby spinach leaves, crumbled feta cheese, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Yum!!!
Happy Australia Day from the Sydney Trip Planner team.